What are Sundays like?
At Redeemer our aim is for our Sunday Gatherings to be a place where everyone encounters God's truth and grace! Each Sunday you'll hear our musicians play thoughtful, Christ-centered music, not as a performance but as an act of worship. You'll also hear expository preaching that engages both real-life and current cultural issues with the good news of Jesus Christ. You will hear stories of God at work in the life of our church, and you will be invited to share in communion with other believers. We hope you'll join us!
When we gather, our worship involves:
- Biblical & Christ-Centered Preaching - Preaching is an important part of our Gatherings. We typically work through a book of the bible and consider it within the context of the larger story of God. From time to time we will teach through key biblical themes as they address specific aspects of following Jesus.
- Thoughtful Liturgical Worship - Each week our worship gathering follows a simple liturgy-- Call to Worship, Songs of Adoration, Confession & Assurance, Sermon, Response, and Benediction. We think that "how" we worship shapes us, and our hope is that our liturgy helps form us in the gospel story. In all that we do our aim is to keep the Word of God central in our gathering. We also loosely follow the traditional church calendar.
- Taking Communion Together - Every week we set aside time in our gathering to take the Lord's supper together in response to God's word. We do this as a celebration of Christ's body broken for us and his blood shed for the forgiveness of our sins. We welcome all baptized believers to come and receive from the Lord's table.
- Opportunity for Prayer - We believe that prayer is not only a spiritual discipline that ought to mark our individual lives, but it is also an important part of our corporate worship. During our gatherings we make space for prayer each week.
- Generous Giving - We worship a generous God who has entrusted us with resources to steward for his purposes. Therefore, giving is apart of our weekly worship. We have 'give boxes' on the back walls of our gathering for those who desire to give. The generous giving of God's people is needed to fund the ministry of our local church, help those in need, and enable us to help plant churches both locally and globally.
What about kids?
We do offer classes on Sunday mornings for our youngest kiddos in Redeemer Kids. You can read more about what we offer in Redeemer Kids and for Youth below.